Bible in One Year
As a community we’ve felt God calling us to go deeper into his word. You may have never picked up a bible before or been reading for decades, either way there is always something new to discover when reading with the Holy Spirit. We’re going to be using the Bible in One Year package produced by HTB trusting that it will help us grow as a community in our love for God throughout 2017. You can join the reading plan at any point in the year and keep going for the whole twelve month cycle. This is something for the whole family to get involved in not just the adults!
How to get involved
1. Daily e-mails, with bible passages & links to commentary available here.
2. BiOY app, with bible passages & commentary all in one available here.
3. King’s Arms app, the reading plan in our app is sync’d to the BiOY reading plan bible passages available here.
4. Bible in One Year, purchase a hard copy of the bible organised in the same order as the reading plan. Get in from the King’s Arms bookshop on a Sunday, purchase for kindle here or order online here
5. Use your own bible, following the plan by downloading our printable pdf here
6. As a whole family read the New Testament stories together, or use the super book app, available here. It's got commentary and activities for all ages
Use #kabioy on Twitter to follow and share comments/revelations on the things we read!
Helpful tips for using Bible in One Year.
1. Do try and set a regular time I read and pray. Rhythm is best for forming healthy habits but takes some time to establish. Are you a morning person or a night owl? It's worth thinking through when deciding the best time
2. There's a lot to read if you do it all but remember the main focus should be the bible not the commentary! Don't let the tail wag the dog!
3. If you're finding it too much try just doing the New Testament or New Testament and Psalms/Proverbs sections
4. Some people learn better when listening to Gods word rather than reading it. If you access the bible using the Kings Arms App it will read it to you!
5. If you get behind don't feel that you need to try to catch up. You can if you want to but it's probably best to pick up with the reading for the current day. You can focus on the parts you missed next year!
6. Remember we read the bible for our sake not for God's sake! This is not a religious exercise but a relational one.
7. Remember the discipleship tool - STOP and read the Word. Use this to enhance your encounter.