SHARE YOUR STREETS
Two years ago God spoke to us about a Tsunami of love being poured out across our nation, reaching the darkest places of our town.
Our church responded, primarily through hundreds of acts of kindness being poured out through our community.
Now we’re asking again for the church to rise up and to play their part in seeing a Tsunami of love by Praying Street by Street. Our vision is to see many partner with God to see His love shared throughout each neighbourhood and this Summer, we want to pray for our locality. How wonderful it would be to have the entire town prayed for. Every street, every close, every lane and every court.
Will You Join Us?
- Take ownership of where you live
- Target places that need prayer
- Play your part in saturating our town in prayer
Every great move of God starts with prayer and we need Him now
Choose Your Athletic Style
- Sprint: I’m going to the streets near where I live and praying for them again and again
- Marathon: I’m praying for as many streets as I can
- Javelin: I’m asking God to speak to me for specific households and businesses in the area, then I’m directing my prayers with what I feel He’s saying
- Hurdles: Instead of jumping over litter, I’m picking it up and leaving the place better than when I got there - both spiritually and physically
- Pole vault: I’m bringing a friend with me and we’re learning how to pray together, launching one another into big prayers
- Long jump: I’m challenging myself to offer to pray for people I bump into on my walk
Be Good News
As you walk, look out for opportunities to be good news to those around you. Maybe you'll be able to pick up litter? Maybe you'll see an opportunity to help someone in need.
If someone asks what you're doing a great response would be "We are praying for this street that God would bless the people here. Is there anything we can pray for you for?"
Just as we're encouraged in Luke 10:1-2 let's go out, and pray to the Lord of the Harvest.
How To Pray
- God’s presence - pray that those in the houses you walk past would encounter His presence. Pray for innovation and economic stability for families and businesses
- Justice - pray for oppression to stop e.g. domestic violence
- Healing - pray for physical healing, that the virus won’t make people sick in that street
- Salvation - pray that people who live and work there will meet Jesus!
- Peace - pray for an end to depression and anxiety, release God’s peace on those households
- Comfort - pray for those who mourn, that they will be comforted
- Joy - pray for good connection for families this summer, pray for friendships for those who feel isolated
Let us know where you’ve prayed with this simple form.
Or send us your route with your favourite mapping app email@example.com
You can go on your own, pray and walk with family or with friends making sure you are following the government's socially distant guidelines.